Monday, January 28, 2008

Shooting the Rapids

Upriver a little...actually I think this was a side split of the main river, with an island dividing the main river (going over at Horseshoe Falls). But wherever I was, I walked around it. Looking down towards the cliff, there's where the water plummets over the falls on the American side, with Ontario Niagara Falls' lights flickering colorfully on the horizon.
Turning around and looking upriver, or upsplit, was a bridge, and a lot of raucous water molecules whitewatering their way madly towards the edge of the escarpment.
And people want to ride this stuff in barrels? I guess it would be quite a ride. Once.

Yahooooooo!!! I bet there's a lot of dizzy fish in there.

And here's a video-clip of the whole sight...the rushing rapids coming down from beyond the bridge, racing down the stretch to leap over the edge of Niagara Falls. Wheeeeeeeee!

No comments: